I was both surprised and delighted to learn that I was nominated for a Liebster Award by fellow blogger Susie Whittenberger (thanks again, Susie!). The Liebster Award, according to The Global Aussie, is an award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers and only exists online (liebster in means favorite in German). Its meant as a way to discover new blogs, connect bloggers and support the blogging community.
The rules to enter are simple:
- Link to The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2018 post in your Liebster Award blog post
- Answer the questions given to you (if nominated, if you were not nominated you can use the original questions in the link above)
- Create new questions for your nominees to answer (the blogger who asks the most unique and creative questions wins the grand prize)
- Comment on The Official Rules of the Leibster Award 2018 blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award
Enter now through December 25, 2018. The winner will be picked by The Global Aussie on December 31, 2018.
Here are my answers to Susie’s questions:
Besides the bathroom, where do you find inspiration to write?
Whenever I’m hanging out with Avon and Bean. Or driving.
Have you ever handcrafted anything?
Many things! I’m most proud of the ceramic Arnold from the cartoon Hey Arnold pot that I made in my high school ceramics class. I’m not as proud of the extra large storage bin full of craft supplies I’ve never used that I’ve collected over the years.
List of your top five: movies, books and/or albums
Weirdest gift you have ever given to someone.
I gave my sister a card that said, “A Toast to the Bride and Groom” on her birthday. That’s as far as the weirdness goes. It was a nod to a lyric from the song “Satisfied” on the Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording) soundtrack. Inside the card, I placed two tickets to the musical and wrote, “from your sister, who will be by your side at the show!” I usually gift people exactly what they ask for and I don’t recall anyone asking for anything weird. Outrageous, maybe. But not weird.
Finish this sentence: I secretly wish I could have been…
A Broadway star!
Coffee or Tea? Why?
Tea, hands down. I got the habit from my father and grandmother. I have fond memories of both of them and several other members of our family that include a cup of tea. My family is from Jamaica, which was previously British ruled and probably why we’re all tea drinkers.
Name one thing you could dis-invent.
When the apocalypse comes, how long do you think you’ll last?
Not long at all. I don’t plan to stick around for the apocalypse.
In the last four years, have you ever lost control of your bladder?
Yes, seconds after I got close enough to the bathroom!
Mango or Papaya?
Mango. Again, Jamaican.
I’m nominating some of my favorite Charlotte bloggers Ahrim Clean, A Savored Life, The CLT Gal, Smile Darling and A Southern Confession for a Liebster Award. Bloggers, if you accept my nomination, follow the rules above and publish a post answering the questions below on your blog, then share the link to your post in the comments below:
- Who do you envy the most? Why?
- What is your go to pot luck dish?
- If you had an extra hour on any given day, where would you spend it?
- If you could domesticate any wild animal to keep as a pet, which animal would it be?
- Describe Cardi B to someone who has never heard of them or their music.
Don’t forget to also share a link to your post here.
I love discovering new blogs! Share a link to your liebster bloggers websites below. Ready? Set? Comment!