Friends, I’m feeling good today and to be honest, that feels really good. Especially because I haven’t been feeling good at all lately. In fact, I woke up this morning certain that today would be just another bad day. But as easily as I almost gave in to the negativity trying to take over my mind and spirit, I things turned around. Thankfully, before I walked through my front door and faced the world. All because I made a choice to focus on the positive.
Shifting my focus started a chain reaction of seemingly small events that are making a big impact on my attitude today. But I know that won’t be enough to keep the onslaught of negative thoughts I struggle against daily at bay. So, I decided to keep a running list of everything I’m feeling good about today to help me keep those feel good feelings front and center. Here’s what’s on the list so far:
- Waking up and getting out of bed extra early this morning was easy!
- I had plenty of time to get ready this morning and didn’t feel rushed at all!
- Avon tossed the last tube of toothpaste in the trash yesterday, but didn’t remember to pick up another one until we were about to brush our teeth this morning. So we all ended up using Bean’s fluoride-free toothpaste and discovered that it tastes pretty bad! Then, we all shared a hearty laugh about it.
- Avon made a last minute change to our evening plans that affected our morning routine and worked out better for both of us in the long run!
- We all left home much earlier than usual!
- Bean and I always sing a special song whenever we see the moon and we got to sing it together before going our separate ways this morning!
- I listened to a very inspiring podcast on the way to work this morning!
- I had a productive phone conversation with Bean’s teacher!
- I got to work early this morning!
- Since I was at work earlier than usual, I took a walk around the campus instead of sitting in my car!
- I made a parfait for breakfast and it tasted really good!
- I did my full k-beauty routine before bed last night after weeks of skipping it altogether and finally tried a snail mucin skin sheet mask. My skin looks and feels amazing!
- I finally got to start I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life this morning. Today’s excerpt: I declare it is not too late to accomplish everything God has placed in my heart, I have not missed my window of opportunity. God has moments of favor in my future. He is preparing me right now because He is about to release a special grace to help me accomplish that dream. This is my time. This is my moment. I receive it today! This is my declaration. Amen!
- Two items I purchased last week went on sale this week and I was able to get a price adjustment. And a refund of over $20!
- My manager and friend joined me on my second walk around the campus on my morning break. I enjoyed walking and chatting with her.
- Two of my co-workers and I are supporting each other’s health and wellness goals. It’s day two and I’m so proud of the tremendous effort we’ve made so far!
- I journaled for a few minutes to clear my mind!
- I feel good today!
- I logged over 5,000 steps on my FitBit before noon!
- I get to watch my favorite TV shows tonight, including a new show that even Bean is into. I remembered his adorable commentary about the show and I’m absolutely tickled!
- We have left over pizza in the fridge!
- Today’s self-care challenge activity is watch a documentary. I found a great suggestion on Netflix. Then I remembered that a docu-series that Avon and I really enjoy is back on!
- Writing this post was easy and enjoyable!
- I took three walks around the campus today!
- I got to practice self-care by writing this list and it was the best thing I’ve done so far all day!
Too often, I rush through the day and can only recall all of the things that went wrong or the moments I felt upset. By changing my outlook, I got to change the course of my day and most likely, my life. This exercise gave me a chance to challenge my negative thinking, which created more positive results and filled me with connection, joy and gratitude all today. I thoroughly enjoyed this exercise and I’m absolutely going to add it to my list of easy self-care ideas. Heck, I can easily see it becoming my go-to self-care activity!
You know what else I’d love to add to the list? Hearing everything you all are feeling good about today! So go ahead and let me know below!